Sunday, April 09, 2006

Posted by Dan in Texas

Well 2-5 isn’t a great start for the ’06 Rangers but beating Rogers was sweet.

I have to be honest here Ranger fans. I have hated Kenny Rogers since a horrific performance some 6 years ago. Let it go you say?

I say nay, nay.

I know my counterpart was against letting Kenny walk but ½ of the Ghost’s of 96 says good riddance.

Wilkerson started out the season slow but came through big today at the Ballpark sending Rogers to the showers with a chorus of boos from the Texas faithful.

From my love of NL East baseball, I know Padilla would be a solid starter and so far he hasn’t proved be wrong.

Not much more on today’s game but the upcoming series is crucial. The Rangers depart for Anaheim/LA/San Bernardino, what ever. If the Rangers falter in this series, the rest of ’06 figures to be an uphill climb. I think the series hinges on Nevin and Wilkerson. If they don’t come up big this series should be painful.

The pitching match-ups should be:
Kam Loe v John Lacky on Monday
Rick Bauer v Jeff Weaver Tuesday
John Koronka v Kelvim Escobar on Wednesday

I cant say I have a whole lot of confidence in Bauer over Weaver. Escobar is questionable due to an injury of his pitching hand and may not start. Loe has the edge Monday.

This is the first test of the season for the Rangers and will be a litmus test for the 2006 season.

Dan in Texas prediction:

Rangers take games 1 and 3 to win the series.

No comments: