Monday, April 10, 2006

Are You Having a Good Time?

Posted by Dan in Texas

Roller coasters
Holy roller
I got shot down in Southern California

-Leroy Williams

Wow, that was disappointing. I really thought the Rangers would get to Lackey better than 4 hits.

A few notes:

Why is Ian Kinsler hitting in the 9 hole? I know Buck is old school but with offense sputtering miserably and Kinlser with the hot bat anything to jumpstart the offense at this point seems reasonable.

Shouse seems like a great LOOGY to have in the pen. I know the discussing Ranger deficienties is like saying the Chan Ho Park was slightly overpaid, but the Farm better produce a big league quality arm or this season may go down the tubes fast. Shouse would be a great addition to a quality arm to add to a loaded staff. The pitches Anderson got were just nasty.

I don’t know what the boys over at Lonestar Ball are talking about, but the Angels look like one of the powers in the AL West not to mention MLB. One could make an argument that Shields and KRod are the best setup/closer deal in the game.

Dispite a disappointing showing at the plate, Tex looked great in the field. I hope this guy stays in Arlington his whole career.

Finally, that last at bat by Mench was pathetic. I’m sorry Shrek but that was a sick attempt at an at-bat. Ugly- that’s all I can say down right ugly.

That’s all for tonight for my thoughts on the Rangers. The bats better warm up or the Rangers will be so deep in the cellar this team will be out by the All-Star Break.

Tom has had a long trip on the east coast so I will shoulder the majority of the recaps during the west coast swing.

Weaver vs. Bauer tomorrow and it doesn’t look good.

No comments: