Monday, March 13, 2006

We are Live

Posted by Danintexas

Thank you for stopping by. Today this post was created to give Ranger fans somewhere else to turn for Ranger news and commentary. This will be the Blog for Ranger fans independent of the view printed in the Dallas Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News.

I am Danintexas, the Co-author of this blog and have a blog at Lonestar Met. I am a Mets fan but have adopted the Rangers as my AL team.

The other Co-author is TominOhio, a displaced Ranger Fan.

This Blog will attempt to discuss, criticize and debate this team from management to game play to fan and media relations. Please bookmark this site as we will begin to publish within the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Texas Rangers were my favorite American League team for one wondrous summer, 1974, the year of Jeff Burroughs, Fergie Jenkins, Jim Bibby, Mike Hargrove, Lenny Randle and Billy Martin, later immortalized in the recently rereleased "Seasons in Hell" by Mike Shropshire (perhaps the funniest baseball book ever).

My interest in your team faded the following year, mostly because I didn't really need a favorite American League team and possibly because my request for a Texas Rangers cap at the only place you could buy one in New York, Shea Stadium, was denied by my mother who thought I was being greedy. (I was offered a Mets cap and asked if I could have both; the nerve of me.)

Perhaps if I'd been granted the cap or perhaps if I had followed through and gone to Shea in 1975 to see the Rangers play the Yankees on a Camp Avnet trip as originally planned, I would've retained some long-distance loyalty. But I bowed out of the journey because it occurred to me that I didn't want to go to a Yankees game, even if (or because) they were temporarily bivouacing at Shea. Get out of my park, Skanks.

But I digress...

Every 10 or so years, approximately in the middle of a decade, the Rangers get my attention. In '86 when Bobby V had them in a dogfight. In '96 when Juan Gonzalez briefly represented an obstacle to the horrible consequences that would unfold as that October progressed. Now? Well, probably reading your blog will be the extent of it. My favorite A.L. team has been the Angels since October 2002 (when they did to the Yankees what the Rangers couldn't do in '96, '98 and '99), but nothing's set in stone where the junior circuit is concerned. Let's just say I have 13 favorite American League teams.

All of this is my way of saying good luck fellas.

And, as ever, Let's Go Mets.