Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Job Promotion

Sorry for the massive delay in posts!! A promotion at work has given me the opportunity to forfeit all of the free time I was acustomed to.... So, here's what I missed apparently:

Rangers lose
Rangers lose
Rangers....lose
Koronka is a beast; yet Rangers lose
Where the hell did Oakland come from (Rangers Lose)
Gary Matthews Jr. = Godlike.....(Rangers Lose)

I think you get the trend...

What happened. I expect this type of behavior AFTER the All Star Break! I have recently spent some time back in the DFW area and my cabinet of friends and other couch authorities describe that the problem stems from management's inability to commit to a certain philosphy (improve farm system or buy a team). Any Texas Rangers fan has notice a significant amount of bumbling around in this area for years, as a matter of fact, we have changed philosophy twice this season alone with statements like:

"We need more arms, we should go after Milwood, Clemens, Zeto and Smoltz. but I can't see the logic in paying one of the leading AL starters any more cash....we better fire Rogers before we actually get a steadfast starting rotation"

OR hang on wait a sec....


We should develop Danks, Diamond.....etc. only to shop them for a forseeably washed up player or two that cost out the rear."

I see this as managments attempt to do just enough to get by. I would like to suggest to management that since it is painfully obvious their intention is only to line their pockets, that creating a post season caliber team entitles them to post season dollars. Post season play leads to a fan base more willing to tolerate post season ticket prices (even in June). All of this banter is leading somewhere I promise....

With this lack of motivation from managment to commit to a philosophy, are we seeing now the team turning to a more "who cares" attitude? Some singular achievments aside it looks like the boys are just tired of this. Buck wouldn't tell the fans/media anything of usefullness as his job seems more and more like a PR excuse maker. I have been to other towns, and I have seen an effort to win by other organizations and comparatively we are marginal at best. Hopefully, the guys can piece together something to knock off Oakland and their winning streak while regaining first in the AL West. I'll be watching....

No comments: